warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/../ad_/ad_cache_.inc) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/sites/all/modules/ad/adserve.inc on line 160.

Spilled gasoline sparks fire at Silver Lake auto shop

An accidental gasoline spill while a log splitter was running sparked a fire that destroyed two buildings at a Silver Lake auto repair shop Saturday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched at 11:20 a.m. to Anytime Auto on Falcon Avenue in Silver Lake. A fire started when a spark from a wood splitter ignited spilled gasoline, said Joel Zellmann, Anytime Auto’s owner.
Although two buildings on the 19900 block of Falcon Avenue were significantly damaged, Zellman had the business open from a temporary building on the property. He plans to rebuild the lost property.
Anytime Auto has been at the site for 17 years, Zellmann said.
Silver Lake Fire Chief Dale Kosek and firefighters found the auto shop and an adjacent building totally engulfed when firefighters arrived at the business. The fire destroyed a vehicle in the shop. Several vehicles parked outside near the buildings suffered heat damage, Kosek said.

(For the complete story, see the Oct. 31 print edition of The Chronicle.)